Sunday, September 28, 2008

Block Lottery

Our guild is having a block lottery at our October meeting and I stitched up two block this afternoon for it. We will get to put our names in the drawing for the number of blocks we make. Decided I would make a couple as it didn't take any longer to make two than one block. Our "rules" were to make each fabric in the blocks different, choose fall fabrics, and each section is 3 1/2" square or triangle square. It is a simple block and should look really pretty when set together. Now to hope my name gets drawn for the blocks.


Tomorrow is the first session of 4 of the new owners classes for my Bernina 730 so will have to make a trip to Lincoln. Am looking forward to the classes that are spaced 2 weeks apart and hope to learn what all this machine can do. I didn't get the embroidery module for my machine but there are enough new things on this machine that were not on my 150 so the classes are important. It is much easier to have someone show or tell me about how something works than to search through the instruction book and wonder if I am doing everything correctly.

So far I have not had to drive the tractor/grain cart but my time is coming I am sure. John did start harvesting soybeans on Friday and everything is going ok and he has had enough help without me.

Until later,
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...