Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fragrant Memories


Finished piecing the miniature "Fragrant Memories" the other day and got it marked in the border for quilting. I used the blue washout marker as I knew that this quilt will be washed and blocked after it is finished. Kind of wish I would have made the pineapple blocks 2 1/2" square instead of 2" so then I could have cut the applique blocks bigger. They were a little tricky to piece together with the other blocks but did finally get it done.

Yesterday I did get it quilted so next is the binding. I am thinking of doing a small folded strip of red then a green binding.

I used silk thread to quilt this miniature and used a natural colored thread to outline the tulips, do a swirl in the pineapple block and stipple the rest. The outside quilted border is done with red silk thread. The red is not the best - have a hard time not getting jaggy lines once in a while. Need to work on getting smoother curves.

Am making this for our local guild's miniature quilt auction coming up in April so will be glad to get it done early. I hate last minute rushing to finish a project and it seems like that happens a lot with me so this time I hopefully will be done ahead of time.

Happy Quilting!
Lynn

3 comments:

Cindy said...

This is a beauty. I love your outside border quilting. You stated that this is a miniature. How big does this measure? I admire those who do small quilts and mini quilts. Takes a special talent.

Geta Grama said...

It is amazing ! Absolutely beautiful ! I love pineapple blocks and the colors.
Can't wait to see it finished !

Geta Grama said...

I wish to hold it in my hands :) !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...