Saturday, March 7, 2009

Trip Highlights

Finally stealing a little time this morning to post a few photos of our recent trip. We started by driving towards New Orleans where John was a voting delegate at a convention. Our first sightseeing stop was at Vicksburg, Mississippi to see the Vicksburg National Military Park. We only spent a half a day seeing the monuments and areas where the fighting took place during the Civil War but it was very, very interesting. Standing on ground were so many men died was sobering and the gray misty day helped set the mood. My husband is one of those people that want to read everything, and I mean everything written in a museum so he could have spent days there.
Before you look at the next photo I want you to know these are not tainted beads. I caught them during a daytime family parade so didn't show any of my body parts to get them. We were in New Orleans the first weekend of Mardi Gras and got to see a couple of parades - at least I got to see the parades. John was in meetings during the day times so missed out on them but there were a couple of other friends I hung out with and we took in the sights. A fun time but guess you have to be from there to really "get it".
Some cousins that live down there took me to see the Laura Creole Plantation west of New Orleans. Again John didn't get to go as he was in meetings. I loved the history of the place and seeing how they might have lived.
No trip to New Orleans would be complete without riding on the Street Cars. My friends and I got pretty good at riding and transferring between routes.
Guess that is all for now - I am really playing hooky from what I should be doing which is getting ready for a pot luck dinner at my house tonight. I need to mop my kitchen floor and dust the furniture yet.

Maybe will get to start sewing next week - I hope!

Lynn

1 comment:

Geta Grama said...

I am glad to see you, Lynn. It seams it was a wonderful trip !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...