Thursday, March 11, 2010

Purse Zipper Pull

Ever have a zipper tab stick out from a purse or bag and really annoy you? The zipper I put on the side of the bag I just finished was doing that so here is my solution. I took a pair of pliers and bent and twisted until the tab came off and replaced it with my frog charm.

I knew I didn't want to use a regular jump ring as it could pull apart and come off too easy so found a ring called a split ring to use instead. It is kind of like a little spring in that it coils around a second time thus securing what ever is attached to it. I attached a jewelery spring clasp (found out they are called Lobster Clasps) to the ring then my frog charm. Notice how nice it all hangs down next to the purse.

Here is a close up of the two pieces.
The only tense moment came after I took the original zipper pull off ....is this going to work or did I ruin the zipper after all the work of getting the purse finished? In hind sight I should have tried it on a zipper that was not in something already finished. Sure glad it worked out.

Trying to rain this morning but will take that over the snow that is falling in eastern Nebraska and central and western Nebraska. Just hope it avoids us all together.

Lynn

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wonderful idea. Love those lobster clasps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...