Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Paducah Quilt Winners 2010

I enjoyed looking at all the quilts at the AQS show in Paducah and the ones picked as winners were outstanding.  You can see all the winners here on the AQS website.  The photos I took are not nearly as clear as the ones posted on the webpage.  Here are a few detail photos of the Best of Show - Tribute to Tolkien by Sue McCarty of Roy, Utah.  The thread work was just amazing and the more you looked at it the more you saw.
I purchased the catalog of show quilts and can look at each one in it and bought the show book that had the vendors listed plus a short writeup about each quilt.  I see on the AQS website you can purchase the book and a CD of all the quilts.  Might have to think about getting one of the CDs myself since I didn't take so many photos this year.  Photos are so much more clear viewed on the computer than in print I think.
Enjoy looking at the quilts and want you all to think about entering next year - I am.  I say that now but don't have anything done so it may be a few years before I have something I want to enter.  Of course you have to be selected too but someday I will enter and if I get selected that will be a thrill in itself.

Lynn

1 comment:

tich said...

Glad you are back and you had such a good time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...