Thursday, October 28, 2010

Part Two - Feathers

 I approached the border feathered units the same way I did the inside feathers. The only difference was I cut myself a template to mark the curves of the spine of the feather. I used the same curve for both the shorter side and the longer side. The long side is about 3/4" longer than the short side. I just adjusted each segment a tiny bit - you can't even see the difference but it takes up that extra length to make the design flow.
 
Uh-Oh...The Big Mistake!
As you can see from the first photo on this blog entry I goofed a little when I transferred my measurements to the paper for the short side so just marked it with slashes and moved ahead. I then made a mistake on the long side too....was watching my favorite college football team and got distracted. (American football and of course the team is the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers!) I did have to start over on it since my corner design was just not in the corner. How did I do that for pity sakes?






This last photo is the finished border feathers...now to get them all marked onto the quilt

Lynn

3 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Thank you SO much for leaving a comment on one of my blogs, that is how I found yours...I get really excited when I find a blog that actually has something to say and says it fairly often :)

I'm adding you to my side bar, and will be back later to read at leisure.
Sharyn

Elaine Adair said...

This is going to be stunning!

Chris said...

Feathers is one thing I look forward to mastering in the future. I'll be eager to see your quilt comes together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...