Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Delights
On Thanksgiving Day we’re thankful for
Our blessings all year through,
For family we dearly love,
For good friends, old and new.
For sun to light and warm our days,
For stars that glow at night,
For trees of green and skies of blue,
And puffy clouds of white.
We’re grateful for our eyes that see
The beauty all around,
For arms to hug, and legs to walk,
And ears to hear each sound.
The list of all we’re grateful for
Would fill a great big book;
Our thankful hearts find new delights
Everywhere we look!
By Joanna Fuchs
 
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving day....no matter where in this big wide world you are!  Our American Thanksgiving holiday is today November 25th.  Do any of you in other countries celebrate a type of Thanksgiving?  If so how do you celebrate and when is it?

John and I are driving out to my brother and his wife's today and will share a meal together with another brother, nieces and my mother and it will probably consist of roast turkey (yum, yum), dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, squash, some sort of salad, homemade dinner rolls and pie for dessert.  I know my niece is making a pumpkin pie and I will be bringing a cherry pie which is John's favorite.

Our daughters and their families will not be there but we will see them on Saturday when S. will have a big dinner for the relatives to help her youngest son celebrate his 5th birthday.  I can't wait as all the grandchildren will be there and they are so much fun to be around.

My wish for you is to be thankful for the things you have in your life and appreciate all the people that you love and love you.  I know I am thankful for all of you that read my blog and comment along the way.  I never thought that when I started it in March of 2008 that I would enjoy blogging so much. 

It is time to get on the road to that delicious meal and wonderful time with my family.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Until Later,
Lynn


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...