Tuesday, November 30, 2010

UPS Package Has Arrived

I certainly hope I get more done the rest of the week than I did on Monday. The UPS truck came and left a package...something I have been waiting for 10 days to arrive.
I have wanted a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera for sometime and have been studying reviews and watching prices for the optimum time to purchase it. I settled on the Canon EOS Rebel T2i and it arrived yesterday on a cold, windy freezing misty day.

I should have let the box just sit on the counter until evening before opening it, then I might have gotten a little sewing done or hauled my Christmas decorations out of the basement and started decorating the house. Instead I started reading the instruction manual, and another book "Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D Gude to Digital SLR Photography" by David Busch that I also purchased. I have taken photos of my feet, the office, etc. to practice what I am learning and obviously not saving any of them.  It will take a while to remember what all the buttons, dials and digital readouts mean and what they do.  It is amazing how much there is to learn!

So far I am having fun and snapping photos, changing settings and snapping some more. Not sure when I will be ready to use it to take photos to post here though. 

I used a 35mm film camera for years and have missed all the advantages of a single lens reflex camera since I have been using digital cameras so hope I can learn to use and enjoy this camera as much as that one.  I plan to keep the camera I am/was currently using as it still works.  I never know when I may want to use it again or let the grandchildren use it when they visit.

Back to reading and snapping more photos.

Lynn

3 comments:

Christie said...

Hi, Lynn! I just found you thru Kathie at Inspired by Antique Quilts - and am so glad I did! You caught me with your Blue Jean Stockings! Love them!! Am going to try and get two made for my grandbabies (2yrs and the other is 2 months). They are little cowboy/farmers, so these are just perfect. I'm in SE NE, so I may know you if you have exhibited at the State Fair. Thanks for the tutorial. Will be following you from now on. HUGS... and stitches

Christie said...

Forgot to mention: We just bought a Canon Rebel T1i in January of this year. Love it!!! Still don't know how to use it to take advantage of all it's great features, but, have gotten some really wonderful photos! Enjoy yours! HUGS... and stitches

Amy said...

Congrats on your new camera!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...