Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Morning Moon The Day After A Storm

A week ago we got a snow storm overnight but luckily we didn’t get too much snow with that storm.  The next morning as I was walking through my sewing room at 7:30 am, I looked out the window and was amazed to see the large moon hanging in the western sky.  Grabbed my camera and took this photo through my dirty window.  I am surprised that there were no blotches on the resulting photo from the dirt on the window.  The moon was full and really pretty and I was in no shape to go outside to get the photo.  With my arm in a sling and a limp from my healing ankle it would have been like me to fall down if I would have ventured out to get a better shot.   This one turned out pretty good despite the dirty window.
IMG_0950 At 10:00 am the state snow plow came along cleaning the snow that did land on the highway.  The truck was moving along pretty fast since there wasn’t much to clean off this time.  We are thankful the highway gets cleared off early each storm, sometimes we hear them go by even before we are out of bed in the morning.  So a big thank you to those road employees for the hours they put in keeping our roads in good shape!
IMG_0952
IMG_0953
Clear and cold today,  there is a chance of a storm tonight but the rest of the week the temperatures are supposed to be above freezing.  We sure hope some of the snow laying around the yard melts this week as we do have a few small drifts in the yard from the wind that blew that snow around over the weekend.  I keep telling myself this winter isn’t as bad as last year but it is hard to feel it is better when we have had so much really cold weather and snow storms or nasty weather about once a week.

Until later,
Lynn

1 comment:

YankeeQuilter said...

The photo came out great! Hope you get some milder weather soon...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...