Monday, September 30, 2013

Silk Fabric Changing Colors

IMG_6169
This is a small swatch of the purple silk fabric I used in the miniature Serenade.  As you can see the fabric is woven from two different colors.  The threads running one way are hot pink and the threads running the other are bright turquoise.

This silk fabric is interesting as when viewed from one direction it is more blue, from another more purple or more pink depending on the angle you view or photograph it.  I really had a hard time photographing the quilt in it’s true color for this reason.  I figured that some of you were wondering why the colors of this quilt in my photos were not consistant; this is the reason.  Probably the closest color photos I got are in the last post.  The quilt reads purple most of the time.  Below are photos taken of the same swatch as above but taken from different angles.  Notice the color change.
IMG_6172IMG_6173
Until Later,
Lynn

1 comment:

Geta Grama said...

I have never quilted silk; I am curious to try it. Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...